Exhibits encompass a full spectrum of artists’ professional experience: from beginning amateur to seasoned professional, our mission is to assist all levels of artist in continued learning through exhibition opportunity.
We have one outdoor and five indoor galleries: The NorthLight Gallery, Galleria At The Forum, West End Studio, What’s Up Downstairs, The Patio, and The Sculpture Garden. Throughout the summer we also have our free interactive kids' exhibit, ArtZeum.
All gallery exhibits are open to the public FREE OF CHARGE during regular open hours.
Come join us for some casual conversation with acclaimed artist Sue Benner as she discusses the 31 beautiful pieces in the exhibit and art quilting in general.
Featuring work from students and instructors in the Wichita Falls High School art department.
Studio Art Quilt Associates, Inc. (SAQA) is a premier art quilt organization with chapters around the world. This travelling exhibit features the work of Texas art quilters.
The Sculpture Garden is an annual, year-long exhibit featuring the work of artists from around the country. It's open free of charge to the public during all Kemp open hours.
Vanessa Decker builds whimsical imagery filled with colorful spirituality from mixed media and found objects.
Digital artwork built from layers of collaged elements.
Exquisitely detailed pen and ink drawings, filled with humor and love.
Refined White Flour: May 28-July 31
“Refined White Flour” uses satire in a TASTELESS examination of systemic racism.
Paula Savage: June 18 - September 3
Paula Savage is a Wichita Falls artist working with manipulated digital images.
WFAA Members' Exhibit: August 20 - September 25
Annual juried exhibit open to all members of the Wichita Falls Art Association.
Diana Beach-Stamper: September 10 - November 12
Diana is a member of the Chickamauga Cherokee, White River Band. Her work focuses on the celebration of her cultural heritage, particularly the importance and beauty of horses.
Selena Mize: September 3 - November 6
This educational exhibit highights the creative process of local mural designer Selena Mize.
The Arts Council has a variety of open call opportunities for artists throughout the year.
In addtition we host up to 22 solo and group exhibits in our 4 dedicated gallery spaces each year, plus community exhibits in several off-site locations. To be considered for an exhibition in one of these spaces, please send 4-5 samples of artwork and a short artist statement or biography to the contact information below (see the bottom of this page for contact information on galleries).
At The Kemp
• The NorthLight gallery is dedicated to our most experienced artists.
• The West End Studio and What’s Up Downstairs Galleries typically feature a varying level of emerging artists and smaller professional exhibits.
• The Patio gallery and our other auxiliary spaces feature community programming. In addition, we’re pleased to highlight the work of our gift shop artists at our off-site space on Maplewood Avenue.
• The Sculpture Garden is the home to 11 permanent pieces, as well as our annual juried exhibit featuring 10 national and international artists. These pieces remain on the grounds for a full calendar year, changing each May.
At The Forum
• The Galleria at The Forum exclusively features women artists in reference to the building’s former history as the home of The Woman’s Forum.